A few kilometers from Saint–Émilion stand the Château Fongaban from the 17th century. The great care regarding the vine and wine raised the estate to one of the best growth of the appellation. The 8 hectares of the vineyard are planted on clay and limestone soil.
- Average age of the vines: 30 years.
- Vineyard management: Very strict selection of the grapes and manual harvest.
- Winemaking: Stainless steel and concrete thermo-regulated tanks (28°C max). Malolactic fermentation takes place in vats.
- Ageing: French oak barrels (50% new)
- Blend: 80% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Franc
- Alcohol: 5%
Wine Enthusiast: "The wine is ripe and packed with fruity Merlot. It has a dense structure and an opulent character that gives the wine considerable richness. The firm tannins are cushioned by all this fruit. It does have high alcohol, but the final acidity ensures that the wine remains crisp." - 91 points, Editor's Choice