In 2014, Lucie RIBEIRO SECRET became Young Farmer and got this property located on the highest ridge of Cussac-Fort-Médoc between Margaux and Saint Julien.
The vineyard, all in one piece, is planted on Garonnaises Gravels.
- Surface Area: 2,60 hectares
- Grape varieties: 60 % Cabernet Sauvignon ; 40 % Merlot
- Average vine age: 30 years.
- Traditional Vinegrowing: Pruning Guyot Double, Sucker removal, Deleafing, Green
- Harvesting carried out by hand and mecanic.
- Vinification : Two sorting are realised in the cellar. Fermentations in stainless steel vats with temperature control. Pumping over and maceration are suitable to the grapes. Traditional ageing in barrels and vats.
- Production: 15 000 bottles.
Aromas of raisins, cranberries and dried fruit. The flavor is soft and supple with ripe red fruit flavors. In the aftertaste the taste of ripe cherries, with a nice acid balance. Excellent accompanist of dishes with red meat, such as a nice steak. But also with charcuterie and a cheese board of old, hard cheeses. Ready to drink right now, especially up to 8 years after the harvest.